The goal of PLATINUM project is to enable students to be conceptually focused with mathematics, to work with mathematics in creative and enterprising ways, and to equip them to apply mathematics in other disciplines and the world of work.
To realize this we will:
- Develop a generic framework for inquiry based teaching of HE math in various contexts.
- Develop local university mathematics lecturers’ communities of inquiry.
- Develop and use teaching units for student inquiry (explore accessibility special needs).
- Develop methods and materials for professional development of lecturers about IBME(organize workshops and seminars, summer school).
- Promote application of mathematical concepts in STEM areas through modelling.
- Develop guidelines for evaluating effects of IBME on conceptual understanding.